- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour for coating (and thickening if desired)
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Oregano (fresh or dried) to taste
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - pounded 1/4 inch thick
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3/4 cup Marsala wine (or More)
1. In a shallow dish or bowl, mix together the flour, salt, pepper and oregano. Coat chicken pieces in flour mixture.
2. In a large skillet, melt butter in oil over medium heat. Place chicken in the pan, and lightly brown. Turn over chicken pieces, and add mushrooms. Pour in wine. Cover skillet; simmer chicken 10 minutes, turning once, until no longer pink and juices run clear. You can add more flour to thicken if desired.
I usually serve this over a bed of Angel Hair pasta.
Also you can really add or subtract what you want (besides the wine) I like mine with Scallions and Sun Dried Tomatoes, Some people use Portobello Mushrooms, or add some chicken broth to enhance the chicken flavor.
Submitted by: Apocolypse37